Seniors Supportive Living
LSLRHA has played an active role in helping to address the needs of seniors in our area through affordable housing and other services. We provide our senior residents with accessible and well maintained housing for independent living.
Our lodge facilities are reserved for seniors 60 and older, who are functionally independent or who can access assistance. You must apply to become a resident. Please submit an application form.
Services Included in Monthly Rate
- 3 home cooked meals each day, ongoing snacks and beverages
- Weekly housekeeping
- Access to lodge amenities and activities
- Nursing, medication assistance and personal care (residents must apply for this service)
- All basic utilities
- Life Line Pendant
- 24-hour onsite friendly and knowledgeable staff
- 24-hour security, video surveillance, emergency call system, smoke detectors
- Onsite hearing appointments, monthly
- Transportation services
- Exercise Room
- Onsite hair salon
- Personal laundry services available for an additional fee
- Parking (available for a monthly fee)
- Main floor ventilated smoking room (our lodge facilities are smoke-free)
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Three-piece bath
- High-speed wireless internet available in common areas
- Cable TV
- Chapel (second floor)
- Artist's room
- Outdoor patio (third floor)
Lodge Basic Rents
The monthly fees for our lodge facility are based on room size, but average $1200 / month. Rent includes all meals, housekeeping, utilities and activities.
How to Apply
To apply to become a resident at our Lodge facility, you may do so by choosing one of the following options:
- Complete and submit the application online
- Download and print an application form, then drop off your completed form at Vanderwell Heritage Place, located at 301 6 Ave NW Slave Lake, AB
- Pick up an application at Vanderwell Heritage Place
- Call 780-849-2927 to request that an application form be sent to you
- Must be 60 years of age or older, or at least one person in a couple must meet the age requirement.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or have landed immigrant status.
- Must be able to live independently or have access to assistance.