Senior Self-Contained Apartments
LSLRHA operates 24 self-contained apartment units; the Evergreen Apartment complex in Smith, and the Lakeside Legion Manor in Slave Lake.
These individual suites are for seniors 55 and over, who can live independently. All suites are equipped with a fridge, stove, bathroom and common area, and water, sewage and heat expenses are included in the rent. Tenants pay for electricity.
You must apply to become a resident. Please submit an application form.
Tenants are required to pay 30% of their gross total combined income to a maximum of market rent. Rent includes heat, water, sewer and waste removal costs. Electricity is charged to the tenant.
Please note that LSLRHA reviews household incomes and circumstances each year to determine tenants' continued eligibility and rates for rent for the subsequent year. It is the responsibility of each tenant to let us know if and when income or other circumstances change, at any point during the year.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a Senior Self-Contained Apartment, you may do so by choosing one of the following options:
- Complete and submit the application online
- Download and print an application form, then drop off your completed form at the LSLRHA office, located at 301C 6 Ave NE, Slave Lake, Alberta
- Pick up an application at our office
- Call 780-849-4505 to request that an application form be sent to you
- Must be 55 or older to apply. In special circumstances, someone less than 55 may be approved.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or have landed immigrant status.
- Must be able to live independently.